While the 2021 Hyundai Palisade is a straight upgrade from the last generation the reshuffling of packages has left some previous owners scratching their heads. Let’s talk about what’s changed on the 2021 Hyundai Palisade vs the 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited.
Keep in mind that the features that were removed or shuffled from the 2020 trim are all cosmetic and were moved to the new Calligraphy trim.
What Was Removed From the 2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited
The following features were simply outright removed from the 2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited.
- Unique Grill: The 2021 Limited simply uses the same styled grill as the SE & SEL Trims. Only the Calligraphy Trim offers a unique grill.
- Suede Headliner: This feature was removed from the limited and is now only offered in the range-topping Calligraphy.
- Unique Wheels: These wheels are no longer present on any trim and the Calligraphy has a new design some find quite ugly.
- Quilted leather door panels were removed from limited. Instead limited gets non-quilted leather door panels.
The following features were added to the 2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy. Note, I did add the same features i mentioned in the above list.
- HTRAC® All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
- Calligraphy-exclusive exterior door finishers
- Calligraphy-exclusive premium tail lamp accent lighting
- Calligraphy-exclusive premium wide LED CHMSL
- Calligraphy-exclusive puddle lamps
- Calligraphy-exclusive quilted leather door panels
- Calligraphy-exclusive 20” alloy wheel
- Calligraphy-exclusive microfiber suede headliner
- Calligraphy-exclusive grille
- Calligraphy-exclusive premium cargo sill plate
- Calligraphy-exclusive front and rear fascias
- Calligraphy-exclusive perforated leather steering wheel
Some notes AWD is able to be added to all trims of the Palisade but on the Calligraphy edition, it is required. This is in contrast to the 2020 Limited where the all-wheel-drive was optional. Also, some features like snow mode and the AWD lock are included on the spec sheet but these are present on any vehicle with AWD. So I included AWD as a note that it is required in addition to all features that are calligraphy exclusive.
For all intents and purposes the 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited was downgraded. All the aesthetic features were transferred from it to the Calligraphy and some new additional features were added. However, all theh technology, driver safety, effectively everything related to driving the vehicle are still present on the new 2021 Limited.
If you were considering the Limited trim for the 2021 model year I would recommend trying to scoop up any last minute sales of the 2020 simply due to the expanded feature set. If you’re considering the 2020 Limited but really want the 2021 get the Calligraphy edition.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask below and I will try to help you as best I can!